Pipe Inspector® is a neutrally buoyant, autonomous, CCTV, battery powered leak detection technology. It is suitable for pressurised water pipelines, pressurised sewer rising mains, wastewater gravity sewers, stormwater mains, hydropower as well as industrial applications. Pipe Inspector® provides a complete optical and acoustic inspection of pipelines without interruption of operation and detects even the smallest leaks with pinpoint accuracy.
The Pipe Inspector® unit is introduced into a pipe via an existing air valve or similar entry with typically no excavation or pipe cutting required. The unit provides continuous data from inside the pipeline and can traverse continuous sections of up to 50kms of water mains or rising sewer mains per insertion or up to 10+kms of gravity sewer. It easily navigates around 90 degree bends, operates in up to 100bar pressure environments and incorporates a high definition (HD) camera for internal inspection and post examination. Even inaccessible pipelines such as under highways, at airports, industrial plants or other access sensitive areas can be inspected with Pipe Inspector®. In addition to detecting leaks, Pipe Inspector® can also detect gas and air pockets, record pressure along the full length of the pipe under inspection, and measure turbidity, temperature and conductivity.
- No disruption to service or shutdown of supply
- Investigation of up to 50km of pressurised pipelines
- No pre-cleaning of pipelines required (including sewers)
- Investigation of 10+kms open/gravity sewer and stormwater pipes
- Self-levelling device for pressurised pipes, self-floating device for sewer
- Suitable for pipe sizes ranging from DN 150 – DN 3000 (open sewers DN 150 – DN 3000)
- Records visual details such as installation fittings, connectors, peaks, low points and damage